ADOPTION PERMANENCY SPECIALIST
Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related area of study from an accredited college.
At least two (2) years’ experience in social services.
Develop and maintain a regional resource directory in order to link adoptive families who are experiencing difficulties with available community resources.
Provide information, referral and other case management services by coordination of available community resources for adoptive families (information and referral) track progress and address any additional needs.
Assist Division Director in organizing, implementing, and promoting events.
Assist Respite Coordinator in the certification of respite homes including performing family assessments and physical home environment safety checks.
Assess adoptive families’ needs for respite services and make referrals to Respite Coordinator as needed.
Make face to face contact with children prior to their first respite placement to provide pre-placement counseling.
Assist in development of training materials for adoptive parents.
Coordinate and/or lead training events for adoptive families/staff as requested by Division Director.
Provide rotating on-call coverage.
Provide information, referral and other case management services to families in crisis.
Log information and prepare accurate records and reports as needed for agency and grant purposes.
Responsible for submitting Performance and Quality Improvement (PQI) data as requested to direct supervisor.
Collect and update mailing addresses of adoptive families participating in services and provide updates monthly for the purpose of distributing newsletters and other mailers.
Attend professional training as directed.
Maintain personal automobile liability insurance ($50K minimum).
Represent Southern Christian Services for Children and Youth, Inc. in the community in a positive light.
Other duties as assigned.
Elective Employee Health Insurance.
Elective Family Health Insurance and Employee/Family Dental, Vision and Life, etc.
Employer paid Life, AD&D & LTD.
Paid vacation, sick days, and holidays.
Please attach a cover letter and current resume and email to
No phone calls please.
DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS, JACKSON, MS
• Master’s Degree in Social Work, Administration, Psychology, Education or related field from an accredited school.
• At least five (5) years’ experience in the management and supervision of programs related to the mental health of children and families.
• Broad understanding of social services and strong management skills and ability to work effectively with board members, donors, and community partners.
• Recruit, hire, supervise, and evaluate Division Directors.
• Serve as Administrator in charge in the absence of the President/CEO.
• Oversee the Performance and Quality Improvement (PQI) plan.
• Work closely with President/CEO, Vice President of Finance and Director of Human Resources and Administrative Support in the preparation and submission of governmental grant proposals and renewals.
• Ensure programs remains in compliance with applicable local, state and Federal laws and regulations.
• Maintain a culture of integrity and transparency that promotes open communication, respect, responsibility, accountability, and timely decision-making.
• Establish a strong positive working relationship with President/CEO, staff, funding bodies, and community stakeholders.
• Ensure the development of Annual Training Plans for the various divisions. Maintain current knowledge of licensing and certification standards and provide targeted training to staff to ensure compliance
• Provide administrative oversight to ensure effective operations and the timely accomplishment of goals, tasks and projects.
• Utilize the organization’s resources and staff in an appropriate manner by well-defined lines of responsibilities, accountability and delegation.
• Maintain a work environment that attracts, keeps, and motivates quality staff throughout the organization.
• Assist in the development of appropriate personnel policies/procedures that are based on accepted best practices and performance.
• Support a work environment that promotes teamwork, collaboration and professional growth.
• Lead efforts toward providing high quality, client-oriented, culturally competent and effective care and treatment throughout the service continuum.
• Provide for periodic review, evaluation and modification of programs to meet identified community needs within available funding.
• Direct the management of programs to ensure compliance within the guidelines established by the Board of Directors and the Organization’s mission, vision, values, strategic goals and objectives and policies.
• Elective Employee Health Insurance.
• Elective Family Health Insurance and Employee/Family Dental, Vision and Life, etc.
• Employer paid Life, AD&D & LTD.
• Retirement Plan.
• Paid vacation, sick days, and holidays.
JOB POSTING – JOE ROWLAND GROUP HOME LOCATION: GRENADA, MS
Part-Time Youth Care Specialist (20-25 hours per week)
Saturday and/or Sunday – 1st or 2nd Shift
Bachelor's Degree preferred and one-year experience working with adolescents/youth is required.
Job duties include:
• Provide supervision of residents to help maintain a nurturing, safe, and consistent environment in the residence.
• Teach independent living skills as assigned.
• Transport residents to and from medical/dental appointments, church, and recreational activities.
• Maintain cleanliness and order in facilities and vehicles.
• Complete all necessary reports including daily weekly report.
• Participate in staff meetings and in-service training events.
• Applicants must be dependable and have the proven ability to work as part of a team.
DIRECTOR OF RESIDENTIAL CARE – Harden House Group Home - Fulton, MS
• Required: Master’s Degree in a social services field.
• Preferred: Master’s Level Mental Health Professional licensed as a LMSW, LCSW, LPC,
• Three years of supervisory experience in a social work setting required.
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Must be able to demonstrate skills in case management, documentation, working with
community resources, oral and written communication. • Willingness to work in a team setting.
• Recruit, train, and supervise group home staff.
• Develop weekly staff schedules.
• Provide appropriate supervision to youth and work closely with staff on maintaining a
• Provide independent living preparation.
• Consult with the Division Director of Residential Programs to develop an annual training
• Assist staff with admissions.
• Maintain familiarity with licensing and certification requirements to ensure compliance at
• Conduct weekly team meetings with group home administrative staff • Conduct monthly team meetings with all group home staff.
• Assist with rotating on-call duties.
• Provide oversite to medication dispensing.
• Maintain all required documentation.
• Ensure all Serious Incident procedures are followed.
• Maintain a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
• Maintain personal automobile liability insurance (50K minimum).
• Other duties as assigned and mutually agreed upon.
• Some evenings and weekends.
• Employee Health Insurance.
• Employer paid Life, AD&D & LTD.
• Elective Family Health Insurance and Employee/Family Dental, Vision and Life, etc. • Pension Plan.
• Paid vacation, sick days and holidays.
• Cell Phone Reimbursement.
• Training and CE Credits for Licensure Requirements.
Current job openings will be posted on Indeed.